Friday, December 9, 2011

Some Christmas Tree Magic

I finally got my tree up! Over the course of this past week I've been bogged down with all sorts of Christmas activities from crafting homemade gifts to decorating the tree to wrapping presents. Don't you love this time of year? So exciting and so busy all the the same time, there's hardly ever any boredom around the Christmas season!

Here's what the tree looks like:


































I don't feel like it's too shabby. The fireplace makes our tree look tiny - it really is 7 feet. This picture was taken before I got some of the finishing touches on it.

 Later I added these:

And it ended up looking like this:

































I know it's kind of hard to compare a night photo a to day picture, but I added tons of sparkly green, gold, and brown branches. I love them. I feel like you can't really have a "professionally decorated tree" {I say that in quotations because in no way am I a professional} without these branches, or ribbon, or feathers, or some type or adornment other than just lights and ornaments.

So have you put your tree up yet? Does it have a theme? I wanna see pictures people! Let me know what you've done with your trees this year and I'd love some feedback on mine!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tree! You tree skirt is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Think I got it at Big Lots two years ago at their after Christmas clearance for about $15! How great is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one classy and beautiful tree! The gold is especially beautiful. I'd love to do one of these in a formal living room or dining room and then a more colorful one in like the family room. Maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I think it's just perfect beside the stone fireplace. Very classy, well done!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've got one of the nicest and beautiful Christmas tree here!
    I love the gold and silver ornaments and the burlap too.
    Happy Decorating!

    Regards
    Anne Walker
    Christmas tree decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...