Friday, December 16, 2011

One Stellar Thrift Store Find and Christmas For Myself!

This week has flown by!

My son made his first attempt at decorating a cake at 15 months old.


Ok, so admittedly he was only into it for about 2 seconds, then he decided that banging everything with his plastic toddler bat was more fun - I tried. 

Yesterday I went on a little shopping trip to Goodwill and Michael's, secretly {well not anymore} two of my favorite places. First, I stopped at Goodwill. Look at this beauty!


For two dollars I knew it was coming home with me! Look at the detail in this piece! I kind of get a patriotic/porthole/navy/nautical feel from this, I'm thinking inspiration for little man's big boy room? When the time is right that is..


That's a pretty manly eagle right there if you ask me.


Not sure what color I want to paint it yet, but the details are screaming, "Glaze me! Glaze me!" What do you think?

Then it was on to Michael's. Now I try not to buy everything in the store when I go in there, and I was doing really well until a saw a 50% off sale on this little dandy.


A rotating, organizational crafters' carousel - I broke down and bought it, but for only $20 bucks I walked away feeling like I stole it. Look how much storage it has AND it rotates! :)


Looks like after the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season is over, it's gonna be very extremely crafty around here!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful frame -- such terrific detail.

    Watch out "Ace of Cakes"....your son's gonna give him a run for his money some day!

    Cheers!
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...