Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year 2012 - Year of the Dragon

Christmas has now passed and my family and I are eagerly looking forward to the new year!  Can you believe that it's less than a week away? Admittedly 2011 was not the best of year for many people, myself included, but no longer will we have to think about that! 2012 is now upon us! Hopefully this next year will be full of prosperity and happiness.

I'm looking forward to leaving all my troubles in the past and embracing the new year and the new opportunities it may bring! So in preparation for the new year I have created a 2012 calendar. According to the Chinese zodiac, 2012 is the year of the dragon. This new year especially means a lot to me because I was born in the year of the dragon {so it has to be great, right?!}.  So with that being said, this new annual calendar was designed with a dragon motif in mind.

Wikipedia claims that, "In contrast to European dragons, which are considered evil, Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck. With this, the Emperor of China usually uses the dragon as a symbol of his imperial power."


That has to be a good sign, right? 


What do you think of the calendar? Pretty snazzy of you ask me! Lately, I've been pretty much obsessed with gray, yellow, and turquoise (if you couldn't tell from my blog) and I wanted to incorporate these beautiful colors into my new calendar. You can download it here to print or even to use digitally. Please use it and love it! Here's to hoping the new year and the new dragon are successful, peaceful, and cheerful!

Happy New Year everyone!

Project was shared here, here, herehere, herehereherehere, hereherehere, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...